You told us:
In the 2012 library survey you told us that more quiet study space was needed for research postgraduates.
What we did:
A Researcher Reading Room has been established in the Sydney Jones Library to provide dedicated quiet study space for postgraduate researchers.
The room has:
- Study space for at least 50 people.
- 11 PCs with fully adjustable chairs and individually controlled lighting.
- 24 seats and desk space for laptop users, each space with network points, mains sockets and individually controlled lighting.
- 12 seats at reading tables and three tables with informal seating.
- 18 lockers for daily or longer term use.
Opening hours are the same as the library and the room can be accessed using your University ID card.
To avoid reducing the general study space provision for library users, the Reading Room has been placed in an area previously taken up by book storage.
Have your say:
Have you used the new Researcher Reading Room? Tell us what you think about the facilities.