Students considering a PhD are invited to attend the Doctoral Training Open Day on Wednesday, 14 May from 10am until 2pm in the Central Teaching Hub.
The Faculty of Science & Engineering at the University of Liverpool is home to six new Centres for Doctoral Training to produce and inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.
If you are considering a PhD, our Centres offer fully funded training opportunities, as well as excellent links and career prospects with leading industry partners.
PhDs receive strong industrial support, with access to state-of-the-art facilities as well as innovative skills and training.
The free event will feature:
- Presentations from leading academics and industry partners.
- Exclusive tours of the facilities in Engineering, Physical Sciences and the National Oceanography Centre.
- One-to-one talks with supervisors for each research theme.
- Meet current postgraduate students.
- Free buffet lunch and refreshments.
Themes and topics are:
- Global Risk and Uncertainty.
- New Generation Nuclear.
- Additive Manufacturing.
- New and Sustainable Photovoltaics.
- Fusion Energy.
- Understanding the Earth, Atmosphere and Ocean.
For further information and to register please visit: http://www.liv.ac.uk/doctoral-training-open-day/