Students arriving on or returning to campus this September are set to enjoy a packed programme of events, talks and activities in Welcome Week (20 – 28 September).
The Welcome Fairs will take place from 10am until 4pm on Thursday, 25 September and Friday, 26 September in the Liverpool Guild of Students building. Both new and returning students can find out how to get involved in all that University Life offers and what societies, sports, activities, events and volunteering opportunities are available throughout the year.
New students will already have received a Welcome Week timetable which lists key departmental events and are encouraged to attend the Vice-Chancellor and Guild Welcome Session at the start of the week.
Liverpool Guild of Students opens its newly-refurbished building with a host of acts, bands, comedians and DJs including Russell Kane, Infinite Wrestling, Kyrstyna Lennon and Hypno Dog, Basshunter and Zane Lowe. The Welcome Week Ball on Saturday, 27 September will feature DJ Fresh, Fuse ODG and Radio 1’s Huw Stephens.
The big quiz is also returning this year on Tuesday, 23 September, where students can pit their wits against 900 others in a battle for a huge prize and the best quizzer title.
Individual tickets, along with the full listing of acts performing during Welcome Week, are available through the Liverpool Guild of Students website. Handy advice and all the latest Welcome Week information is also available on Twitter via Liverpool Guild of Students @LiverpoolGuild and University of Liverpool @LivUni. You can also connect on Facebook via www.facebook.com/UniversityofLiverpool and https://www.facebook.com/liverpoolguildofstudents.
A few handy tips and reminders
- To keep up-to-date with the latest news and events for students throughout the year sign up to receive the weekly Student Newsletter below (bottom right of page).
- The campus map can be viewed online here.
- Find out about our University apps here.
- Remember to visit Liverpool Life to make sure we have your current term-time address. This will ensure any requests for status or bank letters are produced with the right address on. You’ll need to do this before you visit the Student Administration Centre or request a letter online.
- Have you uploaded a photograph to Liverpool Life? Don’t delay as you will need your card for Library and Sports Centre access.
- Don’t forget to confirm your attendance on a campus computer (returning students can do this from 20 September). Just log onto Liverpool Life using the University Wi-Fi on your own device or using a campus computer.
- Registration drop-in sessions will take place all week (22 – 26 September) in the Central Teaching Laboratories.
- If you are a new undergraduate student, remember to return your signed declaration to Student Finance. We can’t confirm your attendance to Student Finance England until you’ve done it, which could cause a delay in money finding its way to you.
- If you have a general enquiry, email email@example.com or call 0151 794 6758 to save time queuing at the Student Administration Centre. We tend to get very busy at the start of term.
- Change can be both exciting and daunting, so remember that help and advice is always available from Student Support Services. To discuss your concerns, or simply to get some useful advice, please contact 0151 794 5863, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the webpages.