There are just three days left for students on environmental or sustainable energy-related programmes to apply for a generous scholarship opportunity funded by the ScottishPower Foundation.
ScottishPower, in partnership with its Spanish equivalent Fundacion IBERDROLA, is investing more than £1.65 million in research and education programmes between the UK and Spain, with scholarships seeking to promote excellence in education in the area of energy.
Pablo Astudillo Carbajosa, originally from Zamora in North West Spain, is studying towards an MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering at Liverpool after successfully applying to the scholarship last year.
Pablo said: “I cannot thank Scottish Power/IBERDROLA enough for the scholarship. The support I have received has been excellent and the opportunity to visit wind farms and hydropower stations with other Scottish Power/IBERDROLA scholars has been both a great networking and learning experience.”
The scholarship is open to British, Spanish, and American students who have already enrolled on one of the qualifying masters programmes:
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc (Eng)
- Energy and Power Systems MSc (Eng)
- Big Data and High Performance Computing MSc
- Environmental Assessment and Management MSc
- Marine Planning and Management MSc
- Conservation and Resource Management MSc
- Environment and Climate Change MSc
- Environmental Sciences MSc
- Sea Level: From Coast to Global Ocean MSc
Successful applicants will receive full enrolment costs and provide an additional living allowance of £1,200 per month.
The application process is open until 1pm (GMT) on 26 March 2015. More details on all scholarship programmes can be found at the IBERDROLA website.