Summer applications to the University Hardship Fund, which provides support for UK students experiencing financial difficulties, are now open.
The Fund is part of the University’s commitment to providing financial support for both full-time and part-time students to enable them to achieve their potential at the University.
Students can apply to the fund if they are experiencing hardship as a result of ongoing financial difficulties or one off, unexpected essential expenditure.
Who can apply?
Applications will be accepted from the following groups of students (undergraduate unless otherwise stated):
- Students with longer than usual terms i.e. Medicine, Dentistry, Vet Science, Health Sciences etc.
- Students undertaking COMPULSORY placements/field trips
- Students unable to work due to illness/disability/caring responsibilities
- Students with children
- Students who have been in the care of their local authority (Care Leavers)
- Independent students who have been unable to find summer work
- Students with re-sit examinations
- Any other student experiencing an emergency situation (including postgraduates)
Students with an entitlement to welfare benefits e.g. lone parents/student couples etc. must have applied for their benefits before applying to the Fund and the income from these sources will be used in our assessment.
Final year undergraduates are not eligible to apply. Applications from undergraduates returning to postgraduate study after the summer vacation will not be accepted.
How to apply?
Application forms are now available from Student Support Services reception.
If you are unable to collect a form in person because you are on placement or are away from campus please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form. The form will be emailed to you along with a bank details form – it is important that you complete the bank details form even if you have already completed one in the past as it may delay any payment you are to receive.
Please note that applications will close on Friday 10 July 2015.
For more information on the assessment process please see: www.liverpool.ac.uk/studentsupport/finance/fundingforstudents/hardshipfund.