Liverpool Guild of Students has launched its annual SO Recommend campaign to encourage students to put forward the names of people to represent the student body.
Student Officers lead the Guild, run campaigns to help students on a range of issues, work with volunteers and bring about change where it is needed. The elections take place every year where students can vote for the person they would like to represent them. Once elected, each Officer fulfills a specific role within the Guild and becomes a Trustee of the organisation.
Students are being encouraged to recommend people who:
- Are approachable and engaging
- Are keen to stay involved with the Guild
- Volunteer, such as in a society committee or as a Course Rep
- Have a positive attitude and are good at using their initiative
- Are comfortable talking to students
- Are passionate about student issues
- Have great ideas about how to change things for the better
Nominations will open from Monday, 1 February 2016. Each person who is recommended will be contacted to see if they would like to run in the elections.
You can recommend someone using the online form here.
For further information about what the current Officers have been doing this year, please visit: http://www.liverpoolguild.org/main-menu/about-us/your-officers