The Liverpool Doctoral College (LDC) is holding a second Welcome Week for Postgraduate Research (PGR) students.
Designed to help students settle in and navigate the complexities of their new environment, Welcome Week is a chance for them to learn about the University, its administration, the support on offer and facilities available.
The week of events, which starts on Monday, 7 March, includes:
- New PGR induction – Policy and Process
- Returning PGRs Refresher – Policy and Process
- Development Needs Analysis and working with your Supervisor
- PGR Personal and Professional Development
- GTA Training and Educational Development
- PGR Placement Scheme
- PGR International Student Welcome
- Wellbeing and Stress
- Library Showcase
- The Guild of Students and Sport Liverpool
Welcome Week is not just for first year students; sessions will also be available to established PGR students with opportunities to network, receive information on University services and be supported through the initial stages of completing a Development Needs Analysis.
Rachel Tod, Head of Postgraduate Research Student and Liverpool Doctoral College Administration, said: “We’re really excited about this second Welcome Week and hope it will help PGR students to plan how to make the most of their time here and be successful in their research.”
For more information and to register please visit: www.liverpool.ac.uk/intranet/doctoral-college/induction/welcome-week/.