The Liverpool Doctoral College (LDC) is holding its first Postgraduate Researcher Week from Monday, 6 June to Friday, 10 June.
The event, which is aimed at all Postgraduate Research (PGR) students, comprises a range of networking, development and induction activities as well as an opportunity to meet with other research students on campus.
- Opening and welcome by Professor Graham Kemp, Director of the Liverpool Doctoral College
- Poster events in Humanities and Social Sciences and in Health and Life Sciences
- Three Minute Thesis competition final
- PGR for dummies – a session for new PGRs
- Second year and beyond – a session for returning PGRs
- What comes next? A PGR careers forum
- Meet the researcher – students share their stories
- Development needs analysis and how to work with your supervisor
- GTA training and educational development
- PGR international student welcome
- Library Showcase
- Annual progress report workshops
- Equality and diversity Fair
- Lunches, mixers, and more!
The LDC is the home of doctoral training and the postgraduate research community at the University of Liverpool.
Rachel Tod, Head of Postgraduate Research Student Administration, said: “We’re really excited about the LDC Postgraduate Researchers Week and hope it will help students to network with one another on a professional and personal level, plan how to make the most of their time here and be successful in both their research and future career.”
For more information and to register please visit: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/intranet/doctoral-college/induction/pg-researcher-week/.