Graduation is the culmination of many years of hard work during your time at University. It’s a chance to celebrate your achievements in your university career and to look back at the years you have spent in Liverpool.
We’re keen to make the day a special one, so read our dedicated checklist below to ensure your day runs smoothly.
Before the day:
- Make sure you double-check your ceremony schedule at: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/graduation/location/.
- Check out the guide to the ceremonial dress of the University of Liverpool so you know what colour hood to expect: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/media/livacuk/graduation/documents/Adacemic,Gowns.pdf.
- Print out your gown order confirmation to bring with you on the day of your ceremony, so that your order can be processed quickly.
- Check out parking options if you are planning to drive. Please be aware that parking on campus will be extremely limited during the week of graduation ceremonies. The public multi-storey car park on Mount Pleasant is the largest nearby parking facility. See Liverpool City Council Parking for a list of city centre car parks and how much they charge. On campus, the following visitor car parks will be available for a small charge:
Bedford House Car Park – opposite the Cambridge pub
Mount Pleasant Car Park – accessed opposite the Metropolitan Cathedral
Brownlow Street Car Park – accessed from Pembroke Place
Peach Street Car Park – accessed from Brownlow Hill
On the day:
- Tickets will be available to collect from 7.30am on the day of your ceremony, along with your gown and hood. Make sure you arrive at Mountford Hall, Liverpool Guild of Students (building number 501 on the University Campus Map, Grid Ref: D6) to collect your gown and tickets at least 1 hour and 15 minutes before the commencement of your ceremony.
- The following dress code is recommended:
Men: Dark suits, white shirt and tie. Mortar Boards should be worn throughout the proceedings
Women: Dark skirts or trousers and white or light coloured blouses. Mortar Boards should be worn throughout the proceedings
Footwear: You will be required to use stairs when being admitted to your degree, so suitable footwear should be worn.
- Official graduation day photographs and University merchandise will all be available in Liverpool Guild of Students on the day of your graduation. The official University class rings, cufflinks and charms which will be available from the Eva & Eva stall in the Guild at: http://www.evalondon.com/liverpool.
- Visit the Alumni team in the Street of the Guild of Students to pick up your alumni pin badge, register for the Alumni network, and get a photo of you and your friends in the graduation photo booth.
- You need to make sure you get to the Philharmonic Hall and are in your own seat (which will be clearly marked on your ticket) 45 minutes before the ceremony is due to begin. It’s important to check you are in the correct seat as, if not, you could be recorded as ‘absent’ and may not be admitted to your degree.
- When it is your turn to go on stage you will be directed by staff to the right-hand side of the stage in a continuous procession. Give your name to the officer at the foot of the steps and then follow their instructions to proceed onto the stage to collect your degree.
- You have graduated! Congratulations!
After your graduation:
- You’ll need to return your gown on the day of your ceremony to Mountford Hall no later than 7:00pm if your ceremony took place on Monday 18 July or Friday 22 July, and no later than 6:00pm if your ceremony took place on Tuesday 19 July, Wednesday 20 July or Thursday 21 July.
- All ceremonies will be available to view on webcast. You can also order a professional recording of your graduation ceremony from Achievement TV: https://www.achievementtv.co.uk/Order-DVD.aspx.
- Photographs of the moment you graduated will be available from Ede and Ravenscroft.
- To order photographs:
- Email Ede and Ravenscroft (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request your exclusive ceremony password. Please ensure you tell them your full name, institution and date/time of your degree ceremony.
- Log on to their website at http://www.everybodysmile.biz/edeandravenscroft/award/ and choose your graduation ceremony.
- Enter your password and select your image from those listed. You are then able to order the number of prints you wish to.
- Remember to register to view and share your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR). Your HEAR is a digitally signed document that is accessed electronically and replaces the traditional academic transcript and diploma supplement. You will have received an e-mail inviting you to register to access your HEAR on verify.liverpool.ac.uk. More information can be found at: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/student-administration-and-support-division/hear/.
- Start making the most of our 200,000 strong alumni network via the dedicated Facebook page or by following the Twitter feed @LivUniAlumni and LinkedIn group. You can find out more about the benefits of being a Liverpool graduate, and register for the alumni community, via our website at: www.liverpool.ac.uk/alumni/2016.