Liverpool Guild of Students has announced its Welcome Week 2016 line-up.
This year there is a mix of live music, club nights and comedy to help new and returning students to celebrate the start of term.
Highlights include Radio 1’s Scott Mills, noughties sensation Cascada and hit rapper, producer and songwriter, Professor Green, who will perform at the Big Freshers’ Bash on Saturday, 24 September.
The full line-up is:
- Sunday 18 Sept – Welcome Party with BBC Radio 1’s Scott Mills, live music from Riot Jazz and a Headphone Disco
- Monday 19 Sept – Rave Of Thrones with Christian Nairn (also known as Hodor from Game of Thrones)
- Tuesday 20 Sept – Comedy Central with Joel Dommett
- Wednesday 21 Sept – Gig night with Clean Cut Kid
- Thursday 22 Sept – I love the 00s with special guest Cascada
- Friday 23 Sept – Bongo’s Bingo
- Saturday 24 Sept – Big Freshers’ Bash with Professor Green and a DJ set from Jonas Blue
- Sunday 25 Sept – The Big Quiz
Entry to events is by wristband with a very limited number of tickets on the door. The £60 wristband will be available to buy online from Thursday, 18 August and will give students access to every night.
The main Freshers’ Fair will be taking place on Thursday, 22 September and Friday, 23 September in Mountford Hall giving all students the opportunity to join clubs and societies and grab loads of freebies. The Guild will also be holding a Free Shop on Monday, 19 September and Tuesday, 20 September where new and returning students can get a range of household items. This is part of the Guild’s Leave Liverpool Tidy project which redistributes unwanted kitchen and household items.
Guild President Sean Turner, said: “This will be my fourth Welcome Week in Liverpool. Our team has been working hard to trump the last few years’ efforts and I think they may well pull it off! I’m particularly excited to see Riot Jazz and, if you haven’t been before, you MUST experience Bongo’s Bingo.”
Further details about Guild events can be found on the website at: www.liverpoolguild.org/welcome.
New students will receive a personal Welcome Week timetable in their Welcome Pack which lists all the obligatory and optional academic and support events which are taking place during Welcome Week.