On the morning of Sunday, 18 September there will be road closures and diversions taking place around the campus for the Radio City Scouse 5K run.
The outline of the race and diversions are as follow:
- 9.00am start from St George’s Hall area by the fountain onto Lime Street, Mount Pleasant, Rodney Street, Upper Duke Street, Hope Street, Mount Pleasant, Clarence Street, Brownlow Hill, into the university, back onto Brownlow Hill, Clarence Street, Mount Pleasant, Hope Street and finishing adjacent to the Anglican Cathedral.
- Lime Street will be closed with the assistance of Merseyside Police 5 minutes prior to the start at 9.00am and will be reopened on a rolling road basis up to Mount Pleasant.
- Traffic on Lime Street will only be held for a short time as the race starts when the last runner has cleared the road will be opened up behind up to Mount Pleasant. The access from Seymour Street into the station will remain open.
- The sector from Upper Duke Street to the finish will have the longest road closures but will have been estimated to be removed by 12 noon.
- Diversion routes are via London Road, Prescot Street, Low Hill, Grove Street, Parliament Street, Great George Street, Berry Street, Renshaw Street and vice versa.
A map of the route and all diversions can be found at: http://www.merseyraces.co.uk/Traffic%20Management%20-%20Residents%20and%20Businesses.pdf.
For further details please visit the event website at: http://www.merseyraces.co.uk/index.html.