Are you a first year undergraduate? Would you like to be in with the chance of winning £500? If the answer is yes to both of these questions, all you need to do is complete an online survey by 23 December 2016. The survey was sent to your University email address on 24 November.
If you complete the survey, you will be entered into a free prize draw. Prizes include one of the following:
- Two prizes of £500
- Five prizes of £100
The initial survey shouldn’t take more than 40-minutes to complete and includes questions about your study experience, as well as a number of problem-solving questions. Once you have completed the initial survey, the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) – the organisation who are running the initiative – will ask you to complete three more similar assessments at the end of your first, second and final years at the University.
As well as being entered into the prize draw, by completing the survey you could also gain valuable experience of undertaking skills assessments. Paul Gaunt, the Head of the Careers and Employability Service, explains: “The skills first year students will gain by completing this survey could prove highly valuable. Many graduate employers across a range of sectors often use similar forms of assessment during their initial application stages. By honing these assessment skills now, and reflecting on their personal learning and development, students can make themselves more competitive prospects in the graduate jobs market once they have graduated.”
Once you have completed the survey, you will be sent a report that summarises your responses. The report will include a list of correct answers to the problem-solving questions.
HEFCE said the project aims to evaluate your personal and professional growth in your time at university.
Please note: If you have not received the email, you may have chosen to opt out of this particular communication.
– The first survey should be completed by 23 December 2016
– To enter the free prize draw, complete the survey that was sent to you on the 24 November
– The email containing the link to the survey was sent to your University email address
– The email subject read ‘Subject: Important opportunity for first year students, please read’
In brief: The Learning Gain Project
– The survey is only open to first year undergraduate students
– If you enter the survey, you will be entered into a prize draw and could win a £500 prize or a £100 prize
– The survey contains problem-solving questions and questions about your study experience
– Once you have completed the survey, HEFCE will contact you again at the end of your first, second and final years of study
If you have a question or would like to know more information about the Learning Gain Project, please contact the Student Opinion Team.