A number of pilot schemes are being carried out to ensure the University’s online marking and feedback system can be rolled out to all students.
Currently, many schools already mark coursework and provide feedback to students online. However, the University would like to enable all schools to be able to assess coursework digitally and the pilot schemes will enable us to achieve this.
Each discipline will have a bespoke system based on the subject’s individual requirements. For example, environmental sciences are currently using an iPad to mark and feedback on coursework.
What are the benefits?
The new submission process should:
- enable quicker feedback to students via VITAL
- provide better clarity of feedback
- allow students to keep a digital rather than a paper record
- enable students to refer back to digital feedback
- help focus the feedback to things students find useful, such as the annotation notes
If you would like to find out more information about the online coursework submission process, please contact a member of staff from your School’s Student Experience Team.