Published: 4 April 2017

Applications for postgraduate scholarship closing soon

King Felipe of Spain and Elin Williams

Applications for the ScottishPower Foundation Scholarship, which is awarded to students who plan to study a range of energy and environment master’s courses, will close on Friday, 7 April at 1pm.

Successful applicants will receive £14,000 per year, paid out in monthly instalments of £1,400, to cover the full enrolment cost of your course, plus money for your living costs.

There are 28 grants available for UK students in the energy and environment sectors. Students from a range of disciplines will be considered for the scholarships, including those looking to study:

• renewable and sustainable energy systems
  • clean combustion technologies
  • electric vehicles
  • smart distribution networks
  • information and communication technology (ICT)
  • cybersecurity
  • big data management.

Kelly Reynolds, who is studying MSc Environment and Climate Change, is a ScottishPower Foundation Scholarship student.

Talking about the fund, Kelly said: “Receiving the Scottish Power IBERDROLA Scholarship has meant such a great deal. It has allowed me to stay at a university I love without having to take on an additional job to help fund my studies. I can concentrate completely on my work, and then hopefully carry on to PhD level where I would like to pursue a career in research.”

To apply, please complete the online registration form. For more information about the scholarship, please contact Lisa Barker.