Students and staff are invited to take part in a new ‘Walking for Health’ initiative taking place across Liverpool campus.
Walking for Health is a regular programme where staff and students can take part in varied walking routes on and off campus for 30-45 minutes, twice a week.
Walking for 30 minutes or more a day can:
- Prevent illness such as heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes
- Aid weight loss
- Improve self-esteem, mood and sleep quality
- Reduce stress, anxiety and fatigue
- Aid overall physical and mental wellbeing
Varied routes, twice a week
The Walking for Health team will be offering free twice weekly walking sessions. Days and times are as follows:
- Every Monday at 1pm. Meeting at the Sports Centre.
- Every Wednesday at 12pm. Meeting at the Sports Centre.
To sign up to this initiative, please contact the Sports and Fitness Centre on 0151 794 3307 or visit the Sport and Fitness Centre in person. Places for each session are limited to 15 people per session.
For more information about the Walking for Health please visit: https://www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/