Published: 21 August 2017

Lord Mayor presents criminology graduate with award

Ryan Kitto, a criminology graduate, recently received an award from the Vauxhall Community and Law Centre, which provides free legal advice and representation to its clients in court.

As part of his course, Ryan conducted research on behalf of the Centre, examining how government cuts have affected the company. Ryan also investigated what impact the closure of the Centre might have on the local community if it were forced to close.

To reward Ryan for his hard work, the Centre awarded Ryan a certificate, which was presented by the Lord Mayor of Liverpool, Councillor Malcom Kennedy.

Speaking about his research, Ryan said: “I found my time there to be challenging, but such a challenge made the end result that bit more rewarding.

“The Centre will hopefully be able to use my report in future funding bids, so I would say it’s given me the ability to say I have helped a community in need of help. I’ve also been able to develop new skills and the project has made me far more confident.”

Ryan completed this research with the support of Interchange – a charity that connects students who wish to undertake research or work-based learning with voluntary and community organisations within Merseyside. You can find out more about Interchange via the Interchange webpages.

5.00 avg. rating (92% score) - 1 vote