Liverpool Lime Street station is receiving its biggest upgrade since the 19th century and in order to complete the first phase of work, there will be changes to journeys through Liverpool Lime Street station affecting travel between 30 September to 22 October 2017.
Work will be completed in two phases to allow engineers to remodel and increase the number of station platforms, install overhead line equipment and upgrade track.
In many cases, a rail-to-rail option will be available through the Merseyrail network. Where this has not been possible, buses services should be available.
Network Rail travel advice
- Plan ahead and leave more time for your journeys.
- Stick to public transport wherever possible to help keep the City Region moving.
- Please print off/pick up tickets in advance, before the day of travel.
- There will be additional staff on hand to help at key interchanges– if you need help/advice or have a question please speak to them.
- The Liverpool City Region is very much open for business during the work and you can still get into the city and to your destination.
- Car parking at Liverpool South Parkway will be limited during the work to accommodate additional facilities needed to support passenger journeys.
- Passengers are advised to use public transport to travel to/from the station.
For more information and to map your journey, please see the Network Rail website