Members from our Campus Support Services are set to row 66,000 meters tomorrow – a distance that is equivalent to rowing the English Channel to France, and then rowing back to England.
The team of 10 are taking on the challenge to raise money for Claire House Children’s Hospice. The charity works with seriously and terminally ill children and their families.
The rowers, who welcome supporters, will be undertaking the fundraiser in University Square from 9am onwards on Thursday, 5 October.
Campus Support have raised £1,455 so far. You can donate via their Just Giving page. As well as rowing to raise money, the team are also running a raffle. Prizes include:
- Free MOT vouchers x 4 on a car
- Free Cycle D locks x 5
- Free Personal Training session
- Free one and a half hour remedial horse massage
- Free Sports Centre massage x 2
- Free one night apartment stay in Liverpool which sleeps up to eight people
- Free selection cake pack x 4 at ‘Nat’s Natural Nutrition shop’ on Bold Street
- Free family pass voucher for the Jungle Fun Centre in Belle Vale
- Dog Groomer voucher worth £25
- Free tickets x 2 to see Sundara-Karma at the Guild of students on the 6, October
- Free key club tickets x 2 for the Lowry Theatre in Salford Keys; a show of your choice
- Signed Everton football shirt
You buy a raffle tickets for £2 per strip on the day at: University Square, Leahurst Reception and the Ground Floor of Bedford House.
University Rowing Fundraiser: Details
What: Team of 10 taking on a 66,000 meter rowing challenge
When: Rowing starts at 9am, Thursday, 5 October 2017
Where: University Square (by the Reilly Building)
Why: Raising money for Claire House Children’s Hospice