Researchers are invited to apply for funding up to a maximum of £10,000 for research that addresses the challenges of economic development and well-being faced by developing countries as listed on the OECD DAC list of eligible countries.
The funding has been awarded to the University by HEFCE and is to be spent on research activity as part of the ODA Research Seed Fund.
Examples of research activity that this fund could be used for include:
- Developing new relationships and collaborations
- Developing research concepts/ proof-of-concept
Funding can also be used for:
- building networks and developing relationships with international and UK-based partners
- holding workshops
- trialing ideas, developing concepts, proof-of -concept projects to produce pilot data
- scaling-up existing or already planned activities and projects
- enabling travel and mobility of PhD students, post-docs, academics
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 15 November 2017 at 4pm. Activity must be completed by 31 July 2018.