The University’s new student intranet is being launched today following an extensive redesign.
‘Student Digital University’ is an essential platform for students during their time at university, providing access to all of our digital systems, learning resources and guides, student services and other essential information.
The new design has been developed to help you find the things you need more quickly. The Digital Communications Team have redesigned the pages based on student feedback and an in depth analysis of usage. The new pages and layout include:
- Easy access to popular tools and services such as Liverpool Life, VITAL, Webmail, Library Services, and Career Hub
- Interchangeable tabs for University news and announcements, library news, jobs, and key dates and events
- IT Service Status bar to quickly check the status of all University IT systems
- New easy-to-access sections to help you find free PCs on campus, view policy and procedure updates, and access email and timetables
- Better accessibility from mobiles and tablets
- New intranet-only search function
- Space to help you keep track of key activities and events
Commenting on the new intranet Deputy Director of Marketing (Digital), Mike Deyes, said: “For students the intranet is the first point of call for the many services the University offers so it’s one of the busiest and most important sections of our site. This update provides an intuitive structure and layout so users can quickly and easily find what they need.
“The work is based on a very detailed analysis of usage and we would like to thank the hundreds of students who provided feedback on our test site which helped to inform this redesign.”
All students can access the intranet via the ‘sign in’ link at the top of every University web page. If you would like to know more about Student Digital University, or have any feedback, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.