Graduation is the culmination of all your hard work during your time at University. It’s a chance to celebrate your achievements and look back at the years you have spent in Liverpool.
We’re keen to make your day a special one, so read our dedicated checklist below to ensure your day runs smoothly. #LivUniGrad
Before the day:
- Check your graduation itinerary email – you will receive this in the week leading up to your ceremony.
- Check out the guide to the ceremonial dress of the University of Liverpool so you know what colour hood to expect.
- Print out your gown order confirmation to bring with you on the day of your ceremony, so that your order can be processed quickly.
- Check out parking options if you are planning to drive. Please be aware that parking on campus will be extremely limited during the week of the graduation ceremonies.
- The public multi-storey car park on Mount Pleasant is the largest nearby parking facility. See Liverpool City Council Parking for a list of city centre car parks and how much they charge.
- If you are planning to travel by train, make sure you check your travel plans in detail and leave plenty of time. Liverpool Lime Street station is currently undergoing major upgrade work and will be closed until 29th You can find out more information on our Student News site.
On the day:
- Make sure you arrive at Liverpool Guild of Students (building number 501 on the University Campus Map, Grid Ref: D6) to collect your gown and tickets at least one hour and 15 minutes before the commencement of your ceremony. For the exact collection times, please refer to your graduation itinerary email.
- The following dress code is recommended:
- Men: Dark suits, white shirt and tie. Mortar Boards should be worn throughout the proceedings.
- Women: Dark skirts or trousers and white or light coloured blouses. Mortar Boards should be worn throughout the proceedings.
- Footwear: You will be required to use stairs when being admitted to your degree, so suitable footwear should be worn.
- Official graduation day photographs and University merchandise will all be available in the Liverpool Guild of Students on the day of your graduation. The official University class rings, cufflinks and charms will be available in the Guild and online.
- Visit the Alumni team in the Guild of Students to pick up your alumni pin badge and get a photo of you and your friends in the graduation photo booth.
- Use our official hashtags to share and view everyone’s graduation content on social media: #LivUniGrad #Classof2018.
- You need to make sure you get to the Philharmonic Hall and are in your own seat (which will be clearly marked on your ticket) 45 minutes before the ceremony is due to begin. It’s important to check you are in the correct seat as, if not, you could be recorded as ‘absent’ and may not be admitted to your degree correctly.
- When it is your turn to go on stage you will be directed by staff to the right-hand side of the stage in a continuous procession. Give your name to the officer at the foot of the steps and then follow their instructions to proceed onto the stage to collect your degree.
- After being admitted, you should continue to walk across the stage, collect your certificate, and then return to your seat as directed by the ushers.
- The Alumni Relations team will also be running a special campus treasure hunt during the week with lots of lovely prizes to find. Make sure you keep an eye on their Twitter account @LivUniAlumni for clues throughout the day!
- Look out for our Class of 2018 graduation snapchat filter.
- You have graduated! Congratulations!
After your graduation:
- You’ll need to return your gown on the day of your ceremony to Liverpool Guild of Students no later than 7:30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and no later than 6:30pm on Thursday.
- All ceremonies will be available to view on webcast. You can also order a professional recording of your graduation ceremony from Achievement TV.
- Photographs of the moment you graduated will be available from Ede and Ravenscroft. To order photographs:
- Email Ede and Ravenscroft (email@example.com) to request your exclusive ceremony password. Please ensure you tell them your full name, institution and date/time of your degree ceremony.
- Log on to their website and choose your graduation ceremony.
- Enter your password and select your image from those listed. You are then able to order the number of prints you wish to.
- All undergraduate and postgraduate taught degree students graduating in July 2018 will receive a Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR). Your HEAR is an electronic document which replaces the more traditional paper academic transcript or Diploma Supplement. At the graduation ceremony you will receive your award certificate and you will be issued with your HEAR electronically following your graduation ceremony. Please visit our HEAR webpages for more information.
- Start making the most of our 219,000 strong alumni network via the dedicated Facebook page or by following the Twitter feed @LivUniAlumni, Instagram and LinkedIn group. You can find out more about the benefits of being a Liverpool graduate, and register for the alumni community, via our Alumni website.
- Don’t forget to update your contact details so that we can continue to support you with tailored careers guidance and networking opportunities. Once you graduate, your University email account will expire, which means you won’t be able to access some of our online services. If you update your contact details we will still be able to offer you:
- Discounts on short courses and postgraduate degrees
- Career planning support
- Help with applications, CVs, covering letters, interviews and assessments
- Discounts on hotels and holiday accommodation
- Access to Liverpool Connect – our online networking platform that lets you connect with thousands of alumni
- Entrance to our graduate events and our networking events
- Access to our jobs website
To find out more about the Graduation Package, please visit our Class of 2018 website.