Have a story you’d like to share?
- Articles can be on any topic as long as it is relevant to university life
- Articles can be either bylined news articles or opinion articles/blogs
- Make sure the writing is accessible by avoiding technical language, abbreviations and acronyms
- It can be useful to think about the five Ws in your writing:who, what, when, where and why
- Keep the headline concise and direct
- Use precise dates where possible (for example, if referring to an event)
- The length of articles should be between 500 and 800 words.
Suggested areas to consider
- Opinion or comment on national or local news stories (for example, Will Princess Leia be ‘on trend’ this Christmas?
- Student successes or news (academic or University life related).
- Student experiences (for example Study Abroad: A summer in China).
- Spotlight on activities or opportunities by societies, groups, teams or individuals (for example, Liverpool University Drama Society).
- Upcoming events (for example, National Student Money Week).
Please note that all copy and comments are moderated before publication.
Articles can only be submitted using a University email account.
Your email address will never be published and will only be used by Student News administrators to reply to you individually when appropriate.
If we need to arrange to have a photograph taken to run alongside an article or if amends to copy are required before publication we will contact you via email to notify.